Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cats On Tuesday--On Imperfection


Anela here: My Number Two Cat Slave posted a quote on her Twitter page which I'd like to embellish upon on my special day hosted by Gattina.

This is the quote: "There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." Sir Francis Bacon

When I was a young 'un, one of my Number 2 Cat Slaves's friends told her that there was something wrong with me. Imagine that! How rude! This so-called friend said that my eyes weren't evenly balanced and therefore I was a bit strange.

I ran to a reflective surface and looked at my beautiful eyes, and yes, twas true that one eye was different than the other. One eye slanted more and was a bit larger! But the more I thought about my uneven eyes, the more I realized I liked them just the way they are! Who sez that eyes have to be perfectly matched anyways?!

After coming to grips with my extraordinary beauty and high strangeness, that's when I observed my Cat Slave's friend with more scrutiny. Her eyes were perfectly balanced, but even with perfectly balanced eyes, she wasn't a kind person.

Thus, the moral of this little cat tale today is: Accept your imperfections. Glory in your excellent strangeness. Be the beautiful, strange, alluring cat you are, and don't buy-into anyone telling you that you have to be perfect. You're even more beautiful according to the great Sir Francis Bacon who knew a thing or two.

And what is your oddity my fellow cats?


7 comments:

Tricia said...

I like this a lot. I think most children know this at birth but somehow we criticize it out of them and that is a shame. I wonder why?

Tabbikat's Thoughts

Andrée said...

You are absolutely right! What a lovely post. Thank you!

Gattina said...

That's very true ! there is even a cat here in Blogcatworld who is white and has a blue and a yellow eye ! What a beauty. And never mind this stupid human, she is only jalous of your beautiful cat eyes !

Claudie said...

All fur babies are beautiful no matter what. I love your rendition of a human trait.
Love your blog.
Happy COT
Love Claudie
xo

Real Estate Logo Design said...

You certainly have some agreeable opinions and views. Your blog provides a fresh look at the subject. Your blog is very unique, thanks for taking the time to share your view with us.

Cheap Logo Design said...

I have never seen before these types of great blog. really i am so excited to visit your site.

SEO Services said...

Really nice post. You are right.